Social Worker, Palliative Care
Contessa offers a unique opportunity for individuals interested in being part of an organization that is leading the country in redefining the way care is provided to patients. Contessa's care delivery models bring all the essential elements of inpatient and outpatient care to the comfort and convenience of a patient's home. Our models enable provider organizations and health plans to deliver high-quality, safe and affordable care to patients with a broad range of health conditions. At Contessa, you will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on the lives of patients and be at the forefront of shaping a pioneering space in the health care industry.
About the Chronic Care Management (CCM) and Palliative Care at Home Program
The CCM and Palliative Care at Home Program is a community-based program for adults with serious illness and their caregivers offered by a unique company, Contessa Health, owned by Amedisys. The program provides coordinated, high quality, interdisciplinary care to patients and families facing challenges associated with advanced illnesses.
The full clinical team is comprised of community health workers, nurse practitioners, nurses, social workers, and physicians. The clinical team will work in collaboration with patients' other healthcare providers to provide high quality, evidence-based complex, chronic care management, and palliative care in patients' homes, supported by robust guidelines and care processes. Contessa and Amedisys' other home-based services, such as Hospital at Home, Home Health and Hospice, all work to support patients and caregivers in their homes.
The program is designed to improve symptoms and quality of life, reduce caregiver burden, and reduce unnecessary hospitalizations and ED visits.
Social Worker Role Description
We are seeking to recruit a dynamic and enthusiastic full-time Social Worker to work within our CCM and Palliative Care teamThe responsibilities will include:
- Assessing patients to identify psychosocial needs/acuity and opportunity for SW intervention based on case finding, patient needs, and referrals from care team
- Providing direct social work service to patients and caregivers by providing assistance with social and practical environmental problems
- Providing supportive individual and family counselling to reduce anxiety/stress and other symptoms precipitated by illness and hospitalization
- Maintaining excellent working knowledge of entitlements and resources needed for patient's benefit
- Acting as therapist as needed with the patient and their family and providing individual counseling/problem solving sessions as needed
- Working closely with the rest of the clinical care team in developing and providing treatment to patients, including creating a comprehensive interdisciplinary plan of care that meets the patient and caregiver needs
- Working closely with the clinical team to help them process the emotional and psychosocially complex nature of the work
- Participating in the weekly IDT meeting, together with the rest of the care team
Expected working hours will be 8:00AM-5:00PM, Monday to Friday.
- Master's Degree in Social Work from a CSWE accredited social work program
- Licensed as a LMSW or LCSW in TN
- ACHP-SW / APHSW-C, or expectation to become certified
Essential Skills / Experience
- Competence in management of problems experienced by patients with life-limiting illness
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- High empathy, ability to relate to patients and their families
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Home care experience
- Palliative care/hospice experience is required
- Chronic illness management experience
- Ability to speak Spanish
Our team members are our greatest asset, that's why you'll find that Contessa has built a culture around trust, open communication, and a unified desire to change the way healthcare is being delivered. It's important to us that you like your job, are motivated by the work you do every day and feel supported by leadership. Contessa offers a generous compensation and benefits package, a strong belief in a healthy work-life balance, and great opportunities for career growth.