Social Worker (LCSW) - Bariatrics
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is one of the largest medical practices in New England with multiple locations throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island. We consist of a team of professionals ranging from Medical Assistants to Physician Assistants and everything in between. Our physician led medical group enjoys an excellent reputation with patients and the medical community, offering primary care, urgent care and more than 30 different specialties.
Provide complex social work services as a member of an interprofessional team; care that is informed by comprehensive biopsychosocial-spiritual assessment, intervention and treatment. Demonstrates strong advocacy skills; Requires activated and engaged social worker exerting discretionary effort. Values holistic patient-centered and family-focused care. Will work effectively on a complex interprofessional team. Maintains ethical principles and professional standards of practice in adherence to NASW Code of Ethics. The social worker is a part of the health care team and establishes and maintains a relationship with community agencies, has a working knowledge of community and financial resources, and assists with appropriate agency referrals and short and long-term planning as needed.
- Develops individualized treatment plans and provides individual, family and group psychotherapy.
- Independently provides ongoing assessment, including gathering comprehensive information to use in developing interventions and treatment strategies.
- Provides case management/ discharge planning to patients and families as appropriate.
- Independently implements intervention and treatment plans that promote client well-being and ensure a continuum of care. Planning shall be based on a comprehensive, culturally competent assessment with interdisciplinary input.
- Optimize client functioning through case management that facilitates collaboration among providers to address the client's biomedical and psychosocial needs to better provide efficient, appropriate, and beneficial health care services to a client with multiple needs.
Travel required to multiple sites within the FairField Region.
- Hold a master's degree from a social work program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- One to two years LCSW work experience in a healthcare setting.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) required
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements:
- Demonstrated competencies relative to scope of practice requirements of LCSW statute
- Knowledge of Connecticut Social Work Law for mandated reporting for child abuse and neglect; and mandated reporting for Elderly and Mental retardation.
- Maintain confidentiality and appropriate safeguards for the privacy and confidentiality of patient information.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of current theory and practice and integrate such information into practice. Maintain dedication to ongoing review of best practices and integrate such practices into clinical work.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment .