Social Worker I
Responsible for AltaMed Managed Care participants assigned to the team. This position works closely with providers and nurses to coordinate services and advocate for participants. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to; daily notes, conducting family conferences, assisting with community referrals, regular contacts with participants, and incident reporting.
- Responsible for daily notes as needed and developing care plans for assigned team/participants and completes within timeframe set by state guidelines.
- Interview and screen participant's family members and caregivers to identify additional need for psychotherapeutic intervention and initiate needed referrals.
- Provide information and referral to participants and family and assist with coordination of services through public, private and social services agencies.
- Act as a liaison with participant's family, caregiver and for with other community agencies providing services toparticipants.
- Document all participants and family contacts in accordance with Medical Management documentation guidelines.
- Works with Medical Management Case Management Team (RN, LVN, RMD, Coordinator) by taking lead in investigating non-clinical psycho-social problems as identified by the inter-disciplinary team and documents in AE.
- Coordinates family conferences and attends team meetings as required.
- Perform participant psychosocial tasks as assigned by Social Worker referral.
- Participates in Inter Disciplinary Team meetings and other mandatorymeetings.
- Provide clinic visits if unable to contact by phone and provide feedback to team and supervisor.
- Support and maintain a caseload as mandated by Title XXII requirements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors' degree in Social Work from an accredited university and one year experience in case management and social advocacy.
- Homeless population experience strongly preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred