S:US is seeking a licensed Social Worker for our Families with Chidren Shelter locatated in the Bronx.
This position is located at Echo Place Bronx, NY 10457. Schedule Monday-Friday 9a-5p, with flexibility and on-call.
Great opportunity for a Social Worker seeking their next career move. LMSW or LMHC required.
The Social Worker will:
- Responsible for the completion of psychosocial assessments of complex families impacted by multiple systems
- Assess family needs and facilitate appropriate linkages for families to community based services
- Work within a crisis driven environment with a knowledge base of substance abuse and addiction, domestic violence, child maltreatment, trauma, and mental health conditions
- Provide education to other members of the team around clients' psychosocial stressors and needs, to ensure positive outcomes for families
- Attend ongoing professional development by the individual agency program, and the New York City Department of Homeless Services - Division of Family Services
- Provide qualitative and quantitative feedback to Department of Homeless Services (DHS) and DHS Service Providers to inform both policy and practice
- Be available to families seeking assistance at least five days a week, eight hours a day
- Work from a strength based, family focused, client centered perspective and identify and fortify the strengths that each family has
- Assist families with specific stressors associated with living in shelter
- Ensure that families are receiving full support in shelter and, when necessary, refer families for counseling or other services
- Confer and consult with professional and technical personnel in implementing a multidisciplinary approach to client care and well-being
- Serve as agency/program liaison to community agencies and/or groups
- Provide clear written reports that capture key findings to include provider areas of strength, and recommendations for improvement
- Document patient medical and psychological histories, physical assessment results, diagnoses, treatment plans, prescriptions, or outcomes
- Complete other tasks as deemed necessary by program director
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when needed which consist of weekend or evening hours
- Comply with all SUS Employee Policies, Procedures, and Protocols, SUS Corporate Compliance Policies, and NYS Dept. of Social Services Rules, Regulations, and Statutes
- Master of Social Work Degree from an accredited school of social work
- Current licensure - LMSW or LMHC
- Maintain CPR/First Aid Certification
- Knowledge of child and adolescent development; emotional/behavioral health; mental health; parent-child relationships family dynamics; and diagnostic classification
- Strong expertise in strengths-based, solution-focused, and family-centered practice
- Knowledge of guidelines, policies and regulations relating to child welfare, safety, permanency and well-being and a team player;
- Proficiency in Spanish preferred.
Effective August 30, 2021, unless granted a reasonable accommodation for disability, all new hires must show proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus. If hired for one of our city sponsored programs, this requirement must be met by your date of hire.
S:US IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Join a team of employees who cares about the wellbeing of others. We believe in fostering a culture built on our core values: respect, integrity, support, maximizing individual potential and continuous quality improvement.
S:US is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. S:US is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities, including allowance of the use of services animals. To request reasonable accommodation or if you believe such a request was improperly handled or denied, contact the Director of Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org