"Caring for those that once cared for us is one of life's greatest honors"
We are looking for a Social Worker to join us at Heritage OnCare Home Health and Hospice to support our patients!
- Assesses the psychosocial status of patients and families/caregivers related to the patient's terminal illness and environment and communicates findings to the registered nurse and other members of the interdisciplinary group.
- Carries out social evaluations, including family dynamics, caregiver abilities, communication patterns, high risks for suicide, neglect, or abuse and plans intervention based on evaluation findings.
- Assesses for, and educates interdisciplinary groups, on any special needs related to the culture of the patient and family.
- Maintains clinical records on all patients referred to social work.
- Educates patients and families on, and assists in, the preparation of advanced directives.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with organization personnel to support patient care.
- Participates in the development of the individualized plan of care, involving the patient and family, and attends regularly scheduled interdisciplinary group meetings
- Assists physician and other team members in understanding significant social and emotional factors related to health problems and death/dying issues.
Our Social Workers Have:
- A graduate of a master's program in social work (MSW) accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Minimum of one (1) years' experience in health care, hospice experience preferred. Understands hospice philosophy, and issues of death/dying.
- Experience in hospice care preferred.
Come Join Our Team
For more information contact us at
Call us at: 402-578-0789