SOCIAL SERVICES COORDINATOR - SOUTHWOOD NURSING & REHABILITATION CENTER
At Liberty Healthcare and Rehabilitation Services, we promote a challenging, but rewarding opportunity in a caring environment.
We are currently seeking an experienced:
SOCIAL SERVICES COORDINATOR
Full Time, Days
- Serves as Social Worker for the facility.
- Coordinates patient admissions in accordance with established policies and with state and federal licensor requirements.
- Assures that a meaningful social program appropriate to the needs of each patient is met.
- Receives inquiries of prospective residents and maintains records of the same.
- Interviews patients or family members of residents when application for admission is being made.
- Explains cost of care involved in appropriate level of care as determined or required by the admitting physician.
- Works as a liaison between families and hospital discharge planners, social service agencies, and physicians.
- Completes cover sheet of MDS form.
- Assists families or residents with discharge placement and discharge information as needed.
- Refers all residents or families to the appropriate agency or resource if service cannot be met within the facility.
- Four year college degree.
- One year of experience in the health care or long term care field or have an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be knowledgeable of local, state and federal regulations as relates to social needs of patients.
- Ability to work well under pressure and problem solve.
- Valid NC driver's license.
Visit www.libertyhealthcareandrehab.com for more information.
Background checks/drug-free workplace.