Residential Counselor II (Psych Rehab)
Schedule: Fri - Sat, 3 pm - 11 pm
Salary: $17.25 / hour
A Residential Counselor II provides direct support to people with behavioral conditions as well as intellectual and developmental disabilities in a small group residential setting or an individual living arrangement. He or she works together with the people we serve, their families, friends, employers, and other support staff to transform their lives by either building independence skills or increasing each person's quality of life.
Residential Counselors have a range of duties include administrating medication under the Medication Administration Plan (MAC), implementing treatment plans, and assisting people with activities of daily living, such as household chores and cooking. He or she also strengthen residents' connection to their community by providing transportation on outings such as shopping and doctor's appointments.
Response to Covid-19
In accordance with recent directives from the State of Connecticut, Vinfen has a vaccine mandate for all CT employees following the requirements of Executive Order 13G for all Human Services providers working with state agencies in CT. All new employees to Vinfen CT will be required to be fully vaccinated (14 days beyond last shot of Pfizer or Moderna or 14 days beyond receiving a Johnson and Johnson vaccine), or have received the first shot in a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) with an appointment scheduled for the second dose. A 2nd dose must be received within six weeks of hire and the first shot prior to New Employee Orientation, or have an approved exemption for medical or religious reasons by the first day of employment with Vinfen.
We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance for employees working 30 hours or more
- 15 days of Vacation, 12 Paid Holidays, 10 Sick Days and 3 Personal Days per year (for employees scheduled for 20 hours or more)
- Education Assistance and Tuition Remission Programs as well as innovative Student Loan Payment Programs. Employment with Vinfen counts toward your Public Student Loan Forgiveness eligibility
- Professional Development programs including year-round online training courses and opportunities to earn CEUs
- Retirement savings programs, including a fully funded, employer sponsored retirement plan and an employee funded 403 (b) plan
- Company paid Life, Accidental Death Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Term, Whole Life, Accident and Critical Care Insurance
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- $500 -- $1,000+ Employee Referral Bonuses with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits including discounted memberships, access to wellness programs and more!
Founded in 1977, for over 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that "transforms lives" by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. Vinfen supports thousands of adolescents and adults with psychiatric, developmental and behavioral disabilities at more than 200 sites with over 3,000 employees in eastern Massachusetts and Connecticut. www.vinfen.org/careers
My Vinfen. My Community. My Job.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: social services, counseling, social work, group home, DSP, Direct Care, psychology, mentor, mental illness, mental health, disability, developmental disabilities, behavioral, rehabilitative, psychiatric, outreach worker, outreach services, human services, nonprofit, autism, crisis, trauma, advocacy, developmental disability, recovery, Part time, Per diem, Direct Care, CTRes, CTResCounselor, VinfenRC,VinfenCTRC
- At least one year of experience and/or training in a related function is preferred.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a current, valid, US drivers' license for at least one year. Driving is a requirement for this position using either a Vinfen van or personal, insured vehicle.
- Must be able to become CPR, First Aid, and Safety Care certified within 2 weeks of employment and MAC certified within 150 days of employment.
- Must be able to successfully pass a CORI and SORI reference, multi-state background and driving record check.