Qualified Mental Health Professional
Additional Information About the Role
BJC Behavioral Health is a community health center that provides and coordinates behavioral health services for more than 8,000 seriously mentally ill adults and seriously emotionally disturbed children in St. Louis City, St. Louis County, St. François, Iron and Washington counties. As an Administrative Agent of the Missouri Department of Mental Health (DMH), BJC Behavioral Health serves as a major point of entry for people eligible for mental health services funded by DMH and is responsible for serving as gatekeeper to the public mental health system.
The Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) provides comprehensive evaluation and education services to mental health and chemically dependent patients. This position is part of a multi-disciplinary team that will work with multiple health services organizations (HSOs) to address the needs of the patient. This position provides in-person services, as well as via teleheatlh.
- Completes mental health and chemical dependency assessments for patients in the emergency department and inpatient units.
- Monitors patient progress toward recovery goals; ensures that all required documentation is collected and maintained in the electronic medical record (EMR).
- Consults and coordinates with the multiple facilities and HSOs on admitting procedures, the transfer of patients to a psychiatric facility, as well as discharge; maintains constant communication with physicians, nurses and/or medical staff.
- Provides safety planning for patients; identifies and refers patients to available support services to be accessed upon discharge; ensures that list of referral sources are accurate and kept current.
- Trains and orients new employees; audits the clinical assessments of junior level staff, as well as peers.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2-5 years of experience
- RN, LCSW or LPC license
- Master's Degree - Social Work or Counseling
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer