PD Social Worker
PD Social Worker
Req #: 0000072543
Category: Social Work
Status: Per Diem
Facility: Newark Beth Israel Medical Center
Case Management, 201 Lyons Avenue, Newark, NJ 07112-2027
First established in 1901, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center is a 665-bed quaternary care, teaching hospital that provides comprehensive health care for the region. Staffed with more than 800 physicians, 3200 employees, and 150 volunteers, our hospital is ready to provide you and your family with the quality care you need.
At Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, we are committed to quality and excellence in patient care. Our goal is to exceed your expectations and to provide you with an environment that is conducive to healing and promotes patient safety. The Newark Beth Israel Medical Center management and staff abide by the philosophy that all patients are to be treated with respect, dignity, and sensitivity.
We're currently looking for a PD Social Worker to join our Case Management Team!
- Providing direct clinical social work services to patients and their families in an interdisciplinary team approach.
- Completing initial psycho-social assessments on assigned patients, providing psychotherapeutic counseling with individuals, family or groups as needed, giving clinical consultations as needed, providing patient centered advocacy, collaborating with interdisciplinary team, managing complex discharge plans, building and maintaining relationships with internal/external resources, making referrals to community agencies and entitlement programs and continuing ongoing education.
- Ensuring continuity of care for patients with complex post-acute needs and maximizes the patients and families abilities to meet the continuing needs within their social and financial framework.
- Understanding of all stages of growth and development to assess each patient s age specific needs to provide individual treatment and care.
- Responsible for reporting identified safety issues such as hazardous environments (i.e. damaged floors/walls/ceiling tiles/unsecured areas) and medical errors.
- Graduation from an accredited graduate school of social work with an MSW (master s in social work) degree.
- State licensure required by the NJ State board of social work examiners.
- Licensed social worker (LSW) or licensed clinical social worker (LCSW) depending upon years of social work experience and clinical course work (LSW may render clinical social work services under the direct supervision of an LCSW).
- Three or more years experience in a hospital setting preferred.
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer