Outpatient Therapist - Full Time
We are seeking behavioral health professionals for Outpatient Therapist opportunities with the Life Counseling Center in Muskegon, MI.
- Eligible for quarterly RVU incentive!
- Full Time, Monday-Friday schedule.
- Ability to work remote.
- Comprehensive benefit packages available including medical, dental, vision insurance effective on date of hire!
The Outpatient Therapist responsible for providing mental health and substance abuse services to clients. These services include conducting intake assessments, planning goals and methods of treatment, providing various treatment modalities as appropriate and evaluating client progress at regular intervals. The therapist is under the direction and supervision of the Clinical Manager. The therapist practices following the ethical principles of their respective licensure and Michigan Mental Health Code.
What the Outpatient Therapist will need:
- MSW-Master of Social Work, or MA-Master of Counseling or Psychology
- LLMSW (Limited Licensed Master of Social Work), or LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor), LLPC (Limited Licensed Professional Counselor), or LLP (Limited Licensed Psychologist). CAADC (Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor) certification is required within 3 years of hire.
- A minimum of two years' experience in a clinical setting providing counseling services or complex case management directly with people needing behavioral health or substance abuse treatment.
What the Outpatient Therapist will do:
- Receive client assignments as arranged by manager and share emergency response to client needs with other staff, including clinic (walk-ins).
- Complete intake assessment of client problem as presented by client, referral source, and significant others in client's life.
- Make appropriate referrals into Intensive Outpatient and Outpatient groups.
- Make appropriate referrals outside of Hackley Life Counseling when a higher level of care is indicated.
- Plan goals and methods of treatment with client and implement plan through direct service and/or referral.
- Provide various treatment modalities (individual, marital, conjoint, family, and group) as appropriate to client's need, in cooperation with other staff.
- Evaluate client progress in treatment at regular intervals with client (team and manager as appropriate).
- Record client intake assessment, including problem statement and goals in case record.
- Complete entire intake assessment and diagnosis at first session.
- Continuously learns and keeps informed of current developments in mental health and/or substance abuse treatment.
- Attends staff meetings as required
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.