Mental Health Professional
Join our Wellpath family and make a difference every day by providing care to society's most vulnerable and often overlooked individuals. Our team has the distinct honor and responsibility to show up with non-judgmental compassion to provide hope and healing to those who need it most. For those of you whose calling it is to serve others, you've come to the right organization. This is your moment not only to advance your career, but to join a mission that aligns with yours. We are Wellpath. We are the right people, striving to do the right thing. We will continue to create healthier communities - wherever we go, wherever we grow - one patient at a time.
About this role
Wellpath licensed professional counselors also refers to Mental Health Counselor, Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), or Mental Health Professional. Please check with our recruiter to see if you are the right fit.
Wellpath licensed professional counselors serve our mission of providing hope and healing by delivering compassionate, ethical, and quality care to patients in correctional and hospital settings. Our mental health staff have a unique opportunity for professional growth and make a significant difference in the lives of many through their work with diverse populations and caring for a broad range of clinical diagnoses.
What you bring to the table
- Ideal candidates for this position enjoy working in a fast-paced environment as part of a team dedicated to improving the lives of the individuals in our care. They display strong therapeutic boundaries and clinical skills, communicate effectively verbally and in writing, and are passionate about improving the well-being of a vulnerable population.
- Master's degree or higher in a behavioral/social science field from an accredited college or university
- Coursework and professional experience that indicates knowledge of mental health counseling, group and individual psychotherapy, diagnosing and treatment of mental disorders, psychological assessment techniques, crisis intervention, and mental health consultation.
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Psy.D. (Doctor of Psychology), Ph.D. or similar licensure from the state in which services are being provided.
- Current CPR Certification
- Any other certifications (such as First Aid) required by contract
What you will do
As a Wellpath Licensed Professional Counselor you will
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide direct clinical care and consultation services in accordance with the company policies and procedures, policies and procedures of the institution, and in accordance with the ethical standards of relevant professional organizations (e.g., NASW, APA).
- Be responsible for delivering a variety of mental health services which may include individual and group treatment, intake evaluations, crisis intervention, assessment, and post-release planning.
- Gain an understanding of relevant accreditation standards, work with both facility staff and outside support agencies to facilitate patient treatment, and provide consultation and training as needed to staff on issues relevant to suicide prevention and the prevention and treatment of psychological disorders.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer